In 2 minutes this aitem® will teach you about Digital transformation
Today’s small and large business technology needs are evolving at an unprecedented pace. Markets are being disrupted by the advent of start-ups; organisations not burdened by the challenges a legacy IT estate often creates. They’re turning towards cloud, SaaS (software as a service) and other micro service technologies instead.
Legacy IT is often a persistent burden for any CIO. Growth is hindered two-fold; the older the IT estate, the more expensive it becomes to maintain (huge investment is needed just to keep the lights on) and supporting existing critical business services is problematic.
As the need for technological change intensifies, so does the conflict between cost and value. An understanding of your future and evolving customer focused business requirements, how technology can support these, and the leadership required to deliver them, is becoming more and more synonymous with any successful technology-led change.
Enablers to success:
- Strong CIO/CTO leadership willing to challenge the status quo to benefit your business and customers.
- Gaining insightful access to new and relevant technologies that could genuinely transform both your business’ capability and outcomes.
- A willingness to stay agile and adapt to the changing requirements of your IT team/business.
- Creating a robust and collaborative transition between your project delivery and BAU operations.
- Define your IT and technology strategy and consider bespoke solutions.
- Define and refine your IT support capabilities and service management requirements.
- Review and commit to manage your vendor sourcing and selection (including outsourcing) more effectively, retaining control of the relationship.
- Migrate your infrastructure and business services to the Cloud.
- Quality assure and audit your IT delivery as a priority.
- Structure a future-proof IT team.